IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Quillivant XR and QuilliChew ER are federally controlled substances (CII) because they can be abused or lead to dependence. Keep Quillivant XR and QuilliChew ER in a safe place to prevent misuse and abuse. Selling or giving away Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER may harm others and is against the law. Tell your doctor if you or your child have (or have a family history of) ever abused or been dependent on alcohol, prescription medicines, or street drugs.
Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER should not be taken if you or your child are allergic to methylphenidate hydrochloride, or any of the ingredients in Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER, or are taking or have taken within the past 14 days an antidepression medicine called a monoamine oxidase inhibitor or MAOI.
The following have been reported with the use of methylphenidate hydrochloride and other stimulant medicines:
- Heart-related problems:
- Sudden death in patients who have heart problems or heart defects
- Stroke and heart attack in adults
- Increased blood pressure and heart rate
- Your healthcare provider should check you or your child’s blood pressure and heart rate regularly during treatment with Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER
- Mental (psychiatric) problems:
- New or worse behavior and thought problems
- New or worse bipolar illness
- May cause new psychotic symptoms (such as hearing voices, believing things that are not true, are suspicious) or new manic symptoms
- Circulation problems in fingers and toes (peripheral vasculopathy, including Raynaud’s phenomenon):
- Fingers or toes may feel numb, cool, painful, or may change color from pale, to blue, to red
Call your healthcare provider right away if you or your child have any:
- Heart-related symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, or fainting
- New or worsening mental (psychiatric) symptoms or new manic symptoms
- Signs of unexplained wounds appearing on fingers or toes while taking Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER
Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER may not be right for you or your child. Tell your healthcare provider if:
- You or your child have, or have a family history of, heart problems, heart defects, or high blood pressure
- You or your child have mental problems, including psychosis (hearing voices, believing things that are not true, are suspicious), mania, bipolar illness, or depression, or a family history of suicide, bipolar illness, or depression
- You or your child have circulation problems in fingers and toes
- You or your child have phenylketonuria (PKU). QuilliChew ER contains phenylalanine as part of the artificial sweetener, aspartame. The artificial sweetener may be harmful to people with PKU or who are allergic to phenylalanine
- You are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER will harm your unborn baby. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- You are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER passes into your breast milk. You and your doctor should decide if you will take Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER or breastfeed
What should I avoid while taking Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER?
Quillivant XR and QuilliChew ER should not be taken with MAOI medicines or if you stopped taking an MAOI in the last 14 days. Do not drink alcohol while taking Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER. This may cause a faster release of your methylphenidate dose.
What are the possible side effects of Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER?
Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER may cause serious side effects, including:
- See "What is the most important information I should know about Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER?" for information on reported heart and mental problems
Other serious side effects include:
- Painful and prolonged erections (priapism) have occurred with methylphenidate. If you or your child develop priapism seek medical help right away. Because priapism can cause long-lasting damage, it should be checked by a healthcare provider right away
- Slowing of growth (height and weight) in children
Common side effects include:
|Trouble sleeping||Stomach pain||Mood swings|
|Nausea||Weight loss||Fast heart beat|
|Vomiting||Anxiety||Increased blood pressure|
| ||Dizziness|| |
These are not all the possible side effects of Quillivant XR and QuilliChew ER.
Call your healthcare provider for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
What are Quillivant XR and QuilliChew ER?
Quillivant XR and QuilliChew ER are central nervous system stimulant prescription medicines. Quillivant XR is a liquid medicine that you take by mouth. QuilliChew ER is a chewable tablet.
Quillivant XR and QuilliChew ER are used for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Quillivant XR and QuilliChew ER may help increase attention and decrease impulsiveness and hyperactivity in people with ADHD.
It is not known if Quillivant XR or QuilliChew ER are safe and effective in children under 6 years of age.
*Terms and Conditions apply.
This co-pay card is not health insurance. The co-pay card is only accepted at participating pharmacies. For any questions, please call 1-732-940-0358. No membership fees required. Eligible insured patients’ savings limited to $140 per 30 days for up to 12 uses within the offering period. Card may be used once every 30 days. Maximum savings of $1680 per year. Cash paying patients’ savings limited to $100 per 30 days for up to 12 uses within the offering period. Card may be used once every 30 days. Maximum savings of $1200 per year.
Please see Full Prescribing Information for Quillivant XR, including Boxed WARNING about Abuse and Dependence, and Medication Guide.
Please see Full Prescribing Information for QuilliChew ER, including Boxed WARNING about Abuse and Dependence, and Medication Guide.
Patients should always ask their doctors for medical advice about adverse events. You may report an adverse event related to Tris Pharma products by calling 1-732-940-0358 (U.S. only). If you prefer, you may contact the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) directly. The FDA has established a reporting service known as MedWatch, where healthcare professionals and consumers can report serious problems they suspect may be associated with the drugs and medical devices they prescribe, dispense, or use. Visit Medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
The health information contained herein is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with a healthcare professional. All decisions regarding patient care must be made with a healthcare professional, considering the unique characteristics of the patient.
Quillivant XR and QuilliChew ER are registered trademarks of NextWave Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
©2019 Tris Pharma, Inc. All rights reserved. QUI-0018 10/18